Thursday, July 8, 2010

Tamarind Soda




Whoever heard of Tamarind soda? It's one of the best things I've tasted! I was browsing through the Korean store in my neighborhood and I noticed some bottles on the floor. It was a bunch of sodas made from Mexico. Then I noticed the brown-colored liquid in several called TAMARINDO by a brand called Jarritos. I bought a bottle to try. It tastes just like tamarind. If you've never had tamarind it's a sweet and sour fruit that generally grows in Southeast Asia, Mexico and probably any other place with a tropical climate. In Thailand and the Philippines, it is used as a soup base to make those sweet and sour concoctions like the Filipino sinigang or the Thai Tom Yum Gum. I've had tamarind by itself in all its sweet and sour glory; in soups, candies, pastes...but never as soda. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment