Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Junk Touching

I went with my sister down South last month. The Delta flight from JFK was a very "intimate" experience so to speak. Pardon me. It wasn't the flight itself that was intimate. I mean, of course, it would be intimate in the sense of being 30,000 feet up in the air with 200 people where if you stuck your foot in the aisle, you'd get cursed at (silently) by the flight attendants for tripping them or maybe they'd just end up taking the emergency exit or something. No, I mean it in the sense that the security was in your face, in your boobs, in your butt and, literally, in your everywhere. It was very disconcerting. I tried not to think about it. Anyway, both of us were singled and were taken to the side. My sister started whimpering and crying (though it's kind of funny because she actually knew before we even came to the airport that this is the new policy) and I was just chatting away with the TSA officer like we were girlfriends or something. Don't get me wrong. It really was very uncomfortable. But what could I do?

What would you do???

No comments:

Post a Comment